History From America's Most Famous Valleys
History of The OLD FORT HERKIMER CHURCH
German Flatts Reformed Church, 1723
By W. N. P. Dailey, D. D.
Published by the
St. Johnsville Enterprise and News
Lou D. MacWethy, editor
St. Johnsville, NY (Price 35 cents)
Thanks to Betty Hoagey for sending this for the web site!
Organized in 1723. Land given 1730 and 1773. Present edifice begun about 1730. A story of the Palatine people and their early struggles. Many names of first settlers. By Rev. W. N. P. Dailey, DD. Author of History of the Montgomery Classis, R.C.A.
The Staley Patent, Remsen Deed
Official Title of the Church, Church and Fort During War (1754-60)
Historic Events at Fort Herkimer, Oldest Record
Quaint Wording of 1773 Conveyance
Petition to"Complete" Church, Oldest Religious Edifice in Valley
The Herkimers of Fort Herkimer, General Nicholas Herkimer, and Death of General Herkimer
The Palatines at Fort Herkimer, Massacre of 1757
Some Fort Herkimer Church Records, Early Bookkeeping
Records of 1813, Radical Changes in 1812
Names of Families on the South Side
Spinner Volumes of Vital Records, Why Baptisms Were Not Recorded
The Fort Herkimer Reformed Church Ministry
Rev. Rosencrantz Married Sister of General Herkimer
Closing Years of the Rosencrantz Pastorate
Religious Worship in the Wilderness
Ministerial Duties Cover Wide Field
Dominie Spinner's Family Record
Fort Herkimer Notes and Historical Notes
Copyright © 1998, -- 2003. Berry Enterprises. All rights reserved. All items on the site are copyrighted. While we welcome you to use the information provided on this web site by copying it, or downloading it; this information is copyrighted and not to be reproduced for distribution, sale, or profit.